Step 1: Pre-Application
- Completed U. S. Student Pre-Application Form: U.S. Student Pre-Application Form
- Copy of child(ren)’s birth certificate
- Copy of child(ren)’s social security card
- Copy of child(ren)’s green card, Resident Alien Card or Naturalization Certificate.
- Copy of child(ren)’s latest grade card
- Copy of the parent/legal guardian latest Income Tax Return
- Names, phone numbers and addresses of people who know about your situation….clergy, social worker, etc.
- Please submit completed Pre-Application Form and required documents to Mountain Mission School, Attn: Admissions, 1760 Edgewater Drive, Grundy, VA 24614. Once the documents are reviewed by our Admissions Committee, our Admissions coordinator will contact you.
Step 2: Application
- Completed U.S. Student Application Form: U.S. Student Application
- Virginia School Entrance Physical Form completed by a physician: School Entrance Physical Form
- TB test results (done within a year)
- Child(ren)’s Immunization Record
- Medical Authorization Form completed and notarized: Medical Authorization Form
- Copy of child(ren)’s medical insurance card (front & back)
- Letter from children over 8 years of age telling why he/she would like to come to Mountain Mission School and their life goals and/or future plans
- Where is the father and mother of the child(ren)
- If married, a copy of marriage certificate. If divorced, a copy of divorce papers showing custody of child(ren)
- If parents are separated, we need proof of legal custody or a non-custodial parent permission form completed by the other parent and notarized (linked to forms for mother or father)
- Certificate of death for the father/mother, if applicable
- If applying for placement due to the health of a parent, please provide documentation of the medical conditions
- If someone other than the parent is applying, we need proof of legal custody
- If you plan to give someone else permission to take your child off campus for overnight visits, please complete a Blanket Permission form: Blanket Permission Form
- Photo Release Form: Photo Release
- School Records Release Form: School Records Release Form
- Please submit completed application and all required documents to Mountain Mission School for review by the Applications Committee. Once the documents are reviewed our Admissions Coordinator will contact you.
Step 3: Interview & Testing
The parent/legal guardian is requested to bring the child(ren) to Mountain Mission School for Interview & Educational Testing. This process will take most of the day. There is no guarantee that your child will be accepted but if all goes well on the day of Interview & Testing, your child may begin their stay with us effective on that date.